Saturday, December 5, 2009

Going Green

  Going green seems to be the thing to do these days, we've got to save fuel, reduce emissions, reduce, reuse, and recycle it's in the news everyday and guess what I'm all for it, problem is we are bombarded on a daily basis with non-green environmentally destructive crap all in the name of convience, and making life easier.
 
  Everywhere you look someone is making some kind of single use or single serving disposable something or other, I mean come on do we really need single use disposable toothbrushes, or single use toilet brushes, and floor mops.

  Disposable razors and worst of all disposable diapers have been around for years, shouldn't we be trying to get rid of things like these instead of adding more junk to the list, every food we eat now has a single serving size individually packaged in it's own plastic wrappers,trays, and canisters hell the packaging cost more than the product inside it.

  Now don't get me wrong I know some of these things are convienent, but convience costs, all those single serving and single use products cost substantially more by weight and volume than there multi serving multi use counterparts, and the environmental impact is even worse than the financial cost.

  But listen I don't want to sound like I'm preaching to anyone if anything the stuff I write here causes me to reevaluate my own practices and habits and hopefully it helps me to be a better me.

  So bottom line stop and think, do I really need this or that, is the convience worth the cost, will I feel good or guilty about this purchase later, the answers may surprise you.

                                                                                       PEACE
  P.S. if you have any simple low cost ideas on how to live a greener lifestyle please let me know and I'd be happy to post them.
                                                                            
                                                                               RE-PEACE

                                                          See I recycled that it was easy












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog Directory Contemplations blogs blog search directory