Saturday, November 21, 2009

Can't Stop Rockin

OK in my previous post I promised I'd open up a bit and rant about something but there still really isn't anybody listening, so I'll keep it kind of light don't want to use up all my best stuff talking to myself now do I.

I posted my blog to my Facebook account so maybe at least a few of my friends might see this.

So here's My question for you Why does a concert ticket cost a hundred dollars?

Am I the only one who thinks this is slightly insane, I mean really the average coliseum holds twenty thousand people at one hundred bucks a pop that's like two million dollars a show, maybe three hours work.

Anyway the reason I bring this up is this I was looking through some old junk I have stored away when I came across some ticket stubs from concerts I saw years ago including my first concert VanHalen in 1984 the ticket cost twelve dollars and fifty cents compare that to the AC/DC show I bought tickets for last year at ninety-one fifty a piece, now I know that's 24 years between the two tickets but that's still nearly eight-hundred percent jump in price.

My wages certainly haven't increased that much in fact they've decreased 25 percent from what they were five years ago but that's another rant entirely.

Which brings me to the concert I saw last week I took my twelve year old son by the way and he loved it, I'm talking about the STYX-REO Speedwagon-Night Ranger show and it was awesome, yeah the guys are all looking a little maybe even a lot gray but bottom line 3 bands
four hours of crystal clear vocals and instrument mastery by guys who have been doing it for three solid decades.

I bought my tickets the day of the show the best they had third row just right of center stage right in front of Tommy Shaw's mic stand 42 bucks a piece of course that didn't include tax the outrageous ticketmaster charge or coliseum parking but still 42 bucks 3 bands divide that and it comes to 14 dollars per band only a buck and a half more than that show I saw way back in 1984
and I swear to you it was just as good or better than any concert I've ever been to.

So all you other bands take a lesson I can only hope that some how Jon Bonjovi reads this post since my wife really wants to go to his show in April, I can only imagine what those tickets will cost, two seats in the rafters please and do you have a monthly installments plan, sure wish my wife was a STYX fan.

well that's about it for today I've given you a rant and a rave come back tomorrow maybe you'll find out what I crave probably not though most likely it will be another rant I seem to have found my voice since I started putting pen to paper figuratively anyway putting keyboard to screen just doesn't right, I might try it though maybe the static electricity will blast the potato chip crumbs out from between the keys.

So until tomorrow ROCK ON ! and STYX RULES!!!

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Erika Jean said...

I don't go to concerts unless I win tickets some how or someone gives them to me! You are right - the prices are crazy!

The only tickets I actually bought ... were bon jovi!

 
At November 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had to skip the last TOOL concert. Tix were $55 plus all the other costs = a helluva lot more. But I did see the 2 before that and they were $30. Considering the local bands you can see at Soundvent in T-ville $7, and Somewhere Else Tavern in Greensboro $5- I'm not going to spend more than $40 to see a band.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog Directory Contemplations blogs blog search directory